Facebook friends: Could you help for 15 seconds? Debating between ordering a whole bunch of TEAL headbands with white RunWestin logo or WHITE headbands with teal RunWestin logo. Chime in. It’s a 50/50 split from those I’ve polled thus far.by RunWestin Concierge (via Facebook)
I encourage you to read the following Course Preview as if one of the above gentlemen was offering you the advice.
Hello my friends and welcome to another edition of da Course Preview. This one is for da’ Chicago Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon this Sunday in, eh, Chicago.
- Da course is flat so, eh, you don’t need to worry about any hills. Seriously, no hills.
- Da race starts early (6:30) which should help you beat the sun, but dat doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply sunblock and wear some shades because this course only has shade from miles 4-6 as you run through downtown Chicago. Dat means you’re still gonna’ feel da’ heat. But be like a Bull and beat da’ heat.
- All of da’ tight turns are in the first 6 miles so if I were you, I wouldn’t try to make any sort of move until you hit Michigan Avenue at mile 7 when the race completely opens up and you have plenty of space.
- Did you know you run under da Convention Center? Yah. So if you don’t like running in tunnels you should know.
- But da biggest thing you should know is what you pass on da right at mile 12. Soldier’s Field. Home of Da Bears. And that’s really all you need to know.
Now if you’ll please excuse me, I gotta’ go find Ditka’s.